Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 223


We bought Ryan a little baby pool at Target today.  It was only $5.  It's getting so hot already and I thought he would love it.  Plus I was excited to finally put him in his bathing suit!  He loved it, I kept trying to sit him down, but he wanted to crawl over to the edge of the pool and hang half way in and half way out.  He liked playing witht the water that was on the patio.


His little flops are still too big, but gosh- they are so cute.  I made him wear them for the picture.  He kept trying to bend down and play with them.  "What are these things mom?"


After bathtime I brought Ryan into my room and he was laying on the floor playing with his monitor.  I was on Blogspot reading Another Day Stronger, when I noticed from the corner of my eye on his knees & moving.  I put down the computer and sure enough, he was crawling to get his monitor!  I ran downstairs to get Tim to show him.  We were so excited!  Ryan has been crawling on his tummy for over a month now.  He gets up on his hands and knees, but before he moves he always plops back down to his tummy.   He gets up on his knees to play with something he can't reach or to stand up on things.  But he has never crawled on his knees before.  I was clapping and kissing Ryan.  Haha.  Love when he does new stuff!!

One of my fears as a working mom was that I would miss out on all of Ryan's firsts.  However, I have been the one to witness his first smile, laugh, roll from tummy to back, roll from front to back, sitting up, swimming crawl, army crawl, and now his real crawling.  Makes me happy.  The other day when Ryan first climbed to stand up on something (standing up straight, not leaning halfway over like he does on his bouncer)  Tim did see it first, but I was standing in the kitchen and I moved so I could see too.  Being a parent is so amazing.  I love to share all these firsts with Tim.  He gets just as excited as I do!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've gotten to see all his firsts. He saves them for Mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete