Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 133



My beautiful baby turned 7 months today!  I can't believe it.  He is closer to 1 than to me being pregnant!   I'm already thinking about his first birthday party.  & I'm so excited that his big sister will be here to celebrate it with him.  She will be here every year :)

We took Ryan to church today.  Tim & I have gone almost every weekend from Easter 2008-May 2010.  Then I just got too fat and pregnant with Ryan.  & After I gave birth, I couldn't do anything.  I couldn't sit, couldn't walk, couldn't lay down, couldn't stand.  I had a hematoma that was pretty bad for the first 2 months after Ryan was born.  It prevented me from being physically comfortable.  It took 6 months to go away.  At least my doctor will always remember me because she did say "I've never seen anything like it before."

Okay- back to chuch, haha.  We have taken Ryan once since he has been born.  Today was his second time there.  We got lots of compliments on how stinkin cute he is.  Raising my kids knowing God, is always something I've wanted to do. So it's pretty special taking Ryan to church.

Our church is on the other side of town.  It's down the road from where the shooting happened last weekend.  Tim, Ryan, & I stopped at the Safeway to see the crime scene.  There was a little memorial for all the victims there.  It was pretty devastating and heart wrenching.  You could actually see where the detectives marked the bullet spots on the sidewalk.  After that, we drove to UMC, where Gabrielle Giffords is staying.  That was even worse than where the people got killed.  The whole courtyard was just FILLED with letters, pictures, flowers, candles, stuffed animals, EVERYTHING.  You can't look at everything and not get teary eyed.  We stayed for a little while walking around and taking pictures.  Until I turned into a whiney little brat because I had been awake 6 hours and not eaten anything. :)

We came home and ate left over breakfast burritos.  Yum!  We watched some football and played on the floor with Ryan.  He is just crazy.  He rolls everywhere, all the time!  He will sometimes stick his butt in the air, which makes me believe he might start crawling soon.  But who really knows?  He doesn't really like sitting up.  I put him in the sitting up position all the time, sometimes he will stay, sometime he gets mad, and sometimes he will lean to the side and fall to the ground.


Ryan tried peas again, for the second time.  He didn't make any funny faces this time.  He actually ate them.  Which I'm happy about.  I do not want a picky eater for a child. He didn't like the chicken I fed him the other day, but I don't blame him.  Baby food chicken can not be real chicken, it smelled horrible- I didn't make him eat it.

Ryan had a bath a little later than usual, because Daddy took his 7 month pictures.  & he was sleeping by 7:30.  I can't wait till tomorrow and play all day again :)

2 comments:

  1. I love him. He is so cute! I want to come to his birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those pictures a lot! Aiden hated baby meat til I mixed it with some sort of veggies, nasty! I didn't even give it to Rian, I just waited til she was old enough to eat the chunky stuff and that's when she was introduced to meats.

    ReplyDelete