Thursday, October 13, 2011

Two Years

Two years ago today, I woke up just like I did every morning.  Tim had already left for work and I needed to take a shower.  This morning was slightly different.  I decided to take a pregnancy test before I hopped into the shower.  I was on day 35 of my pretty regular cycle.  I sat on the toilet, popped out the pregnancy test from the pink foil, peed on it, and sat it on the side of my tub.  I watched it and it instantly showed 2 little pink lines.  Two? Two!  I think my heart stopped beating for a split second, my mouth dropped open and my entire body filled with joy.  I took a shower and got dressed as quickly as I possibly could.  I put the positive test into my purse, grabbed my keys, locked the door, and went to my car.  My car did not start.  Why was my car not starting??  I walked across the street and asked the lady who answered the door if anyone there would be able to jump my car.  Thankfully someone could.  I drove the half hour it took to get to Tim's work.  He was sitting in the back at his desk doing some paperwork.  I gave him a hug and a kiss and pulled out the test.  His eyes got big and a smile spread across his face.  He was just as excited as I was.  He told the guy who was working with him "we're going to have a baby!"  & Then I yelled at him because I didn't want him spreading the news!

He had to get work done and I came back home.  The entire drive home I spend talking to my baby.  Telling my baby how much we wanted him/her to stay in my belly for a full 40 weeks and to come out healthy.


Two days later I had to go back to work (it was Fall Break) and someone had left flowers and a card on my desk during lunch time when I was out making copies.  :)  I was too excited to keep it a secret from my teaching team who just happened to walk into my room with me.


Here I am, two years later.  On Fall Break, again.  Sitting at my computer watching the most beautiful little person I've ever laid eyes on play with his blocks.  I think back to the time when Tim & I tried for Ryan, and now he's here.  He's better than we both ever imagined.  He fills our lives with so much happiness.  He is Ours.  We never have to share him with anyone else.  He's ours. We get to watch him grow, learn, play, every. single. day.  Tim & I are in this together and I've fallen even more in love with him because of it.

1 comment:

  1. This post gave me goosebumps. He is adorable and you deserve a beautiful son like him. You sound like a fantastic mom!

    ReplyDelete