Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weekend Recap


This weekened was nice!  Other than the fact that Tim worked all weekend and I missed him =(  My mom got into town a little after 4 o'clock on Friday.  Tim's mom was at our house watching Ryan while Tim was working.  Since both Grandma's were over- I stayed at work a little while longer.  I need to get ready for my maternity leave and it hit me that I only have ONE WEEK to do so!  I made all the copies for 7 weeks for language arts & shared reading.  Meaning I still have bell work, science, social studies, and writing!  Phonics & math are the only two subjects where I don't have to make copies because we are provided with them.  I figured out what will be taught in each subject for the two months I will be gone, I just need to finish making copies.  The other second grade teachers I work with will be typing up lesson plans for my sub.  I type up my own lesson plans and give them to the lady who teaches next to me.  So she's going to do it for me for 2 months.   I have 5 more days to prepare!  Including finishing up report cards that go out on Friday.

Our last day of school is December 16- we get out at 11:30.  We go back on January 2nd.  I haven't yet decided if I will start my maternity leave then, or go back to work for a week until my due date.  I've been thinking about it for weeks and weeks and I don't know what to do!  I know it will be tough to work my last week being pregnant- but I'll also be somewhat refreshed since I have all of week 37 & week 38 off of work.  Regardless of when I begin my maternity leave- I'm pretty sure I will go back to work on February 27th- right after Rodeo Break.  Decisions decisions.


Okay Okay-  When I got home from work on Friday, I dressed Ryan up and we went to go see Santa!  Ryan was already whiney and fussy- which he has been all week.  I knew he would not sit on Santa's lap, which he definitely didn't want to do.  He screamed!  But the picture is just too cute- which I need to scan! 



Ryan told Santa what he wants for Christmas!  He wants puzzles, a push buggy, a ball pit, books, and new sippy cups!  He's been a very good little boy this year so I'm hopeful that Santa will get Ryan everything he wants.  & Mommy & Daddy will find more stuff for him.

When my mom comes into town we like going to Fuddruckers.  Just thinking about it now is making my mouth water... yuuuumm.

My mom helped me do the things that were on my to do list.
1. Take Ryan to see Santa
2.  Get Number 2 a crib and dresser
3. Clean up the house a bit
4.  Make tissue paper pom poms for the boys' rooms
5.  Take stuff to Goodwill
6.  Go through clothes at home to take to school and donate
7. Decorate the Christmas tree
8. Dishes & Laundry

Success!

Got Ryan some new Christmas jammies at Kohls so he can match his cuzzies :)





Ryan's getting pretty good using a plate (without dumping it) and fork.  Check him out!




I was sad when my mom left today!  & Tim was working and Ryan was being a grump.  Boo.  Ryan's been so whiney lately.  I don't know what's wrong with him.  He had a fever a few days ago.  I'm guessing maybe he is teething.  He was 4 teeth on the top and 2 on the bottom and he was fine when those came in.  Maybe he's getting his molars.  It makes me sad to see him so whiney and grumpy when he's always so happy.

After trying to take out his 6-9m shirts and short sleeved 12m pajamas wasn't too successful, I decided to just play with him.  & What do you know?  That sure made him happy.  I chased him down the hall.  Tickled him.  Played Peek-A-Boo behind mommy's door.  & Played blocks.










He passed out a few minutes after I laid him in his crib.





Dun Dun Dun.. A few things for Number 2!

His dresser, so far.  With a red cap from Tim's shaving cream that Ryan stuck in there.

3 homemade blankets :)



His diaper stacker.  Mom made both.  Number 2's is on the left.  I need to add diapers!

& pom poms!  I like the way they turned out.  The took forever though.  Mom & I were doing them Saturday night and I started falling asleep so we decided to go to bed.

One more thing, I'm 36 weeks today!  28 days to go.


2 comments:

  1. I like his dresser and I like the poms. I cant wait till his room is done. The colors are going to look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet little guy! I love still the photos. Glad you had a good time with your mom. hope Ryan feels better. .

    ReplyDelete