Monday, January 16, 2012

19 months & 17 days

My mom has been in town since the night before Jake was born.  Do you know how wonderful it is to have your mom in town for17 days?  Pretty awesome if you ask me.  She helps out SO much!  She woke up in the mornings with Ryan so Tim & I could sleep in, she helps cook and clean.  She left this afternoon and I missed her the second she drove down the street.  I know Ryan misses her too.  I hope everyone is as lucky as me to have such an amazing mother.

I have a ton of pictures I want to share.  I uploaded some the other day but never got around to actually writing a blog entry.  I figured I'd write in here now.  Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things with this blog because I want to remember e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.





Life with two babies takes some getting used to.  I recently read on a fellow mommy blog that going from 1 to 2 babies is easier than going from 0 to 1.  I have to say that I agree 100%.  Before Ryan was born, I had no one else to look after.  I had no idea how much you could love another human being.  I didn't know how much of my life would be devoted to this other little person.  I knew I would love him, I just never knew how IN love with my child I could be.  Ryan changed Tim & me.  Instead of living for ourselves, we are now living for him.  We had a routine life.  17 days ago we added Jake into our lives.  Is it harder, yes.  Is it even more time consuming, yes.  It's unpredictable.  Less sleep.  More diapers.  More crying.  & lots and lots and lots of more love :)


I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to experience being a parent all over again with a brand new little baby.  I have had 17 days with this perfect little miracle.  A miracle that I found out about on May 8, 2011.   A miracle that scared the crap out of me because Ryan was only 10.5 months old.  I know it won't be easy or relaxing.  I know I'll have plenty of days where I'll want to pull my hair out.  But for now, I'm going to soak it all in.


Jake got his first bath at home when he was 6 days old.  My mom gave Ryan his first bath, so why not keep up with the tradition.  We let her give Jake his first bath as well.





After we brought Jake home, Ryan was jealous.  He wanted up whenever I was holding Jake.  He was crying out more for attention.  It made me feel sad.  For the past 18 months and 2 weeks Ryan was the center of our world and then we bring in this tiny little newborn who also needs our attention, especially from mommy.  We tried to still give Ryan as much attention as he always had before.  I can honestly say that he is getting better already.  I haven't seen signs of jealousy in a few days.  When Jake is laying in his pack n play and he starts crying, Ryan runs over and peeks inside.  When Ryan sees pacifiers sitting on the table, he picks them up and brings them to Jake.  If Jake's blankets are not wrapped around him, Ryan picks them up and gives them to Jake.  Ryan gives Jake kisses.  Today he even gave him one without me asking him to :)


I'm happy that we gave Ryan a brother.  I can't wait to watch the bond these two will share.







Ryan is 19 months old today!!  That means he is closer to being 2 than he is to 1. =(  He is the sweetest little guy.  He is learning new things everyday.  I went to the hospital with a little 18 month baby at home and feel like I came back to an 18 month old kid.  Ryan looks so big now that we have a newborn.

Ryan is still on the same schedule he has been on for months and months.  He wakes up every morning between 8:30 and 9:30.  We watch Barney in the mornings while he eats breakfast.  Ryan adores Barney.  He starts dancing as soon as the theme song comes on.  If he is sitting in his high chair he kicks his little feet up and down.  He loves all the songs they sing on Barney.  When they sing "If you're happy and you know it," Ryan claps his hands along with them.  He plays all morning and gets into everything.  His favorite toy lately are his Mega Bloks.  He can play with them for hours.  He builds towers and will move them from one table to another and back to the coffee table.  He loves his books that play music along with them.

He takes his naps everyday at 1.  No matter what time he wakes up in the morning I always lay him down at 1.  I tell him it's time to go ni-night. Then he starts waving to Daddy.  We got Ryan to start waving when I would take him upstairs to take naps or go to bed, the habbit never broke and he still waves bye whenever I lay him down.  He never puts up a fight at naptime, I pick him up and he puts his head down on my shoulder.  He usually naps 2-3 hours.

He jibber jabbers constantly.  He still doesn't say a whole lot of words yet.  His list is pretty much the same with maybe one or two new words: hi, bye (uuuhhh), up, here you go, ni ni, yes, dada, mama, baby- which sounds a little like dada.  We've been working on body parts.  He knows his toes, eyes, nose, tongue, and belly button.

He's getting better using a spoon or fork.  He also uses the wrong end of the fork too.  He recently stopped eating his fruits!  ahh.  We sneak them into his oatmeal and he eats them, but won't if they are sitting on his plate.

He follows simple directions too.  "Let's go." "Go get your shoes." "Give me a kiss." Little things like that.  He recently discovered walking backwards.  It's pretty cute watching it too.  He likes building things and reading books.  He likes discovering things.





My 40 week belly picture.  Baby Jake came 9 days early.



Jake's first bath in the baby tub.  He wasn't a fan.



Today marks 1 month since I have seen my kids at work.  I miss them.    But I am loving being with my boys. 

1 comment:

  1. Ryan's silly. :) I thought about him being 19 months old today, wow!

    I can't wait to meet Jake and see you guys.

    ReplyDelete