Monday, July 9, 2012

Sidewalk Chalk/Paint

A huge trend this summer has been sidewalk paint.  Homemade sidewalk chalk thanks to Pinterest.  Or maybe everyone's always used sidewalk paint and I'm just now starting to notice it since all of the babies in my life are now old enough to play with sidewalk paint.  Elyse has always had sidewalk chalk at our house and every time she's here she fills up the back patio, front porch, and driveway with her art.  When she's gone it's always a sweet reminder of my baby girl and I hate to see it start fading away.  So this summer I just HAD to jump on the bandwagon with the sidewalk paint.

I originally wanted to make my own paint.  But after looking at the recipee and being too lazy to go buy cornstarch- I rememberd that back in November I had bought Elyse some sidewalk paint for Christmas but forgot to put it under the tree. 

One night as we were coming back from dinner, I told Tim to pull onto the side of the house instead of in the driveway so we could paint and color our driveway.  Elyse was THRILLED.  She is so easy to please.  Jakey sat in his carseat the majority of the time because he was sleeping.  Ryan tried running away down the sidewalk.  Elyse & Daddy spent their time creating art.  & Momma spent most of the time chasing Ryan.








I wish I took a picture of the finished product, but I didn't.

What made this day so special was that Elyse had so much fun just because Daddy & I were both spending time with her together.


1 comment: