Monday, November 26, 2012

Momma & Daddy's Night Out

[11.17.12]

These few pictures will get it's own post.

One of my super sweet and amazing friends from college got married!  I was so stoked when I saw on Facebook that she had gotten engaged.  As soon as she let me know the date of her wedding, I instantly called my mom and asked her if she would be willing to come down for the weekend.  Of course she said yes.

I was a little excited and anxious about her upcoming wedding.  Tim and I have left Ryan with his mom about 2 or 3 times tops.  We went to the movies a few times.  But we have not gone out without Ryan since I got pregnant with Jake (other than when I gave birth to Jake.)  Not only we were leaving the kids for the day, but the wedding was in Phoenix, two hours away.  We would leave the kids over night. 

The day of the wedding we woke up bright and early to make it into town for the 10:00 wedding.  Tim and I actually got dressed up for the first time in quite a while.  He looked pretty handsome :)



After the wedding, the bridal couple had a lunch at a nearby hotel. Tim & I ate Indian food for the first time.  I was pretty impressed with myself for trying it, considering I don't each much variety of food.  We went out for Oregano's pizza afterwards.  The wedding reception didn't start until 7:00 that night.  We got a hotel right down the street from the hotel where the reception was.  We checked into the hotel, took naps and watched the marathon of Pawn Stars.


We showed up at the reception a little after 7.  The reception was gorgeous.  Purvi looked amazing.  It was probably the best reception I had ever been too.  It was put together so well.  I loved all the saris (the beautiful Indian dresses) the women were wearing.  I kept telling Tim I wanted to get one.  Purvi was sweet enough to give me an indian bracelet at the reception as well.  I have been wearing it ever since.



Tim and I spent hours dancing.  I even had my first beer in over 3 years.  It was so so nice to spend some quality time with my husband.  When we got back to the hotel- Pawn Stars was still on so we watched a few more episodes.  I used to watch so much junk TV but Tim has got me into his Discovery Channel and History Channel TV shows.

The next morning I woke up at 9:22!  I forgot what it's like to sleep in and not wake up to a baby calling for me.  We went to get breakfast in the hotel lobby and spent a few hours just laying in bed watching Gold Rush.  My new guilty pleasure.

We wanted to walk around downtown Phoenix after check out so we did just that.  It felt pretty weird holding hands walking downtown without holding babies.  We even looked in the back seat a few times and kept saying how weird it was that there wasn't a carseat in the back seat.


We saw this wall in Mesa.. I had to go and touch the wall because it was so 3D it looked real.  But nope, it was flat.


Our first getaway without the babies was a success.  We missed them and were happy to be home, but we were also happy to spend time with each other... It only took almost 2.5 years. 

1 comment: