Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dinner Menu

Here is our dinner menu for the week- I realize it's probably not the healthiest of meals, oh well! 

Monday
Pierogi Casserole
I actually didn't make this last time I posted this recipe.
Tuesday
Jenn's Birthday.. we're going to BJs Brewery, Yum!

Wednesday

Turkey Panini
I'm going to attempt to make my first panini.. wish me luck!

Thursday
 Bean & Cheese Burritos
Tim makes the best beans & I looove bean and cheese burritos- I think they're my favorite.

Friday

Saturday
Dumplings

3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
- mix together in a mixing bowl
-Next, crack two eggs open into a 1 cup measuring cup, beat the eggs & fill to the 1 cup line with milk
-pour egg and milk into mixture and mix together with your hands
-sprinkle flour onto counter & plop dough on top of sprinkled flour
-roll out with a rolling pin and cut into squares (above) with a pizza cutter

**Then drop dumplings into a boiling pot of chicken broth.
I'm not sure how long they are supposed to cook for, I always make Tim try then when I feel they are done and my timing is always right.

This recipe is fun for me.. My dad used to make them with his mom, I used to make them with my dad, and now that I have a little lady of my own, she makes them with me!

[Edit] I just received an email from my mom with the title "Dumplings" & it says "You cook them until they float to the top of the chicken broth."   :)
Sunday
A day for leftovers because I usually spend the day cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment