Thursday, January 16, 2014

Citrus Lane- January 2014


We received our Citrus Lane boxes today!  I liked them so much this month, that I am already writing my review about it.

Citrus Lane is a subscription box service that is curated for children aged 0-5 years.  Each box has 4-5 items that are designed for your child based on age and gender.. or you can select neutral when signing up.  If your little one isn't born yet, you can put your due date in when signing up.  The boxes ship from California on the 15th of each month and arrive between the 17th-22nd.


Our first box is for my 3.5 year old boy, Ryan.





(Sorry for the upside down picture.)

1.  Fruit Set from Plan Toys ($10-- Guessing since the set the sell online has more fruit)
Honestly, I was super excited about this toy!  The fruit is stuck together by velcro and you use the knife to "cut" the fruit apart.  This toy is made from recycled rubberwood.  Citrus Lane has given us so many high quality toys in the past year & we have loved every single one of them. The boys like pretend play and this goes with all of their kitchen ware they got for Christmas.  


2. Zig Zag Zebra from Barefoot Books ($3.50-- Currently on Sale)
With line drawing, color combining, drawing skills and more this book is perfect for preschoolers.  This book has 22 different activities that will help your little one practice their fine motor skills.  Another item that I absolutely love!




3. Duo Tip Washable Markers from Faber-Castel ($4.99)
Eek- this make me a little nervous!  The last time I left markers in Ryan's reach we ended up with markers on almost every wall of our house.  Not Citrus Lane's fault!  I totally need to supervise my kid when he has markers.  Ryan's getting better with his fine motor skills and we could use these for practice.  Plus, these would go perfect with his new Zig Zag Zebra activity book.



4. Upset Tummy & Nausea Relief from Mommy's Bliss ($9.99)
I thought this item was pretty interesting because I've never gotten any type of medicine or anything like this in any of our boxes.  I'm not one of those mom's that against medicine for my kid- if they are in discomfort or pain, I'll give them something to make them feel better.  I just read the info for this item, and I guess it isn't "medicine."  My pamphlet says its an herbal supplement with all natural ingredients that helps to ease nausea, stomachache, indigestion, or flu.  Maybe we'll try this product out some time and we'll see how it works!

The total value of Ryan's box is about $29.  Although the value isn't super high- this is my favorite box we've ever gotten from them.  I love the toy and activity book so much!  & so does Ryan!  Plus we'll have to start learning how to use markers correctly since he'll be in preschool in the fall.



Now on to the second box, which is for a 2 year old boy

Jake also received the 

1. Upset Tummy & Nausea Relief from Mommy's Bliss ($9.99)




(IDK why some of my pictures uploaded upside down!)


2. Shape Sorter from Plan Toys ($10)
This shape sorter is pretty neat.  All of the shapes are strung together on a thick rope so they won't get lost.  This is also something small enough that can fit into my purse when we go out for dinner.  Love Plan Toys!



4.  Lunchie from Skip Hop ($14)
We received the frog lunchie last January and we've also received 2 plates and a bowl from Skip Hop.  Their products are so cute!  We use our frog lunchie all the time.  Except, we use ours as a mini diaper bag.  It's the perfect size for Jake to hold by himself.  It fits diapers, wipes, and snacks perfectly for when we go to church and he goes into the nursery.  Another amazing product that I don't mind to have two of!


4. Fruit Pouch from Peter Rabbit Organics ($1-$2)
We are always happy to receive any kind of food item  in our boxes.  Both of my kids love fruit pouches and I still buy them for my 2 and 3.5 year old.  Jake grabbed this item first and had to have it right away!  Yum!


The retail value of the 2 year old box was about $36.00.




The kids and I are 100% satisfied with our Citrus Lane boxes this month.  After being a subscriber for 13 months this is probably the box that I loved the best.  Everything is completely useful.  Best of all, the boys loved them and kept playing with their toys after we opened them. Do you get Citrus Lane for your little one?  Share the link with me so I can read your review.. I love reading subscription box reviews.

Want to give Citrus Lane a try for your little one.. use my link to sign up and get $10 off your box.  When you sign up through my link it also gives me a $10 credit so I can keep getting these boxes for my little ones as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment