Monday, December 19, 2011

Becoming a mom


These two pink lines are what made me fall in love with you.  I found out about you on October 13, 2009. I could not wait to tell your daddy because I knew he would be just as happy as I was.  And he sure was.  My love grew for you every single day.  I would talk to you and read you stories.  Daddy thought I was nuts, but I knew you could hear me.   We found out you were a boy on December 9.  Honestly, I wanted a girl.  But I would never trade you in for any other little girl in the world.  Daddy wanted you to be a boy and the look on his face when the ultrasound tech told us you were a boy was priceless.


I watched my stomach grow and grow every week.  I loved being pregnant.  I loved every little thing about it.  I especially loved knowing that you would be my outcome.

I looked forward to doctor appointments, to hearing your heartbeat.


The moment you were born, at 4:55pm on Wednesday, June 16 was the absolute best moment of our lives.  Holding you was overwhelming and simply amazing.  I could never put into words how amazing you are.  You are perfect.  P e r f e c t.


Becoming a mom has been the best thing that has ever happened to me.  Our lives are better because of you.  Our marriage is better because of you.  The world is better because of you.  The sun shines brighter because of you.  You light up the lives of so many people.  & You are ours.  Your needs come before anything else.  You come first.


Everyday you amaze me.   I have fallen even more in love with your daddy because of you.  I love to watch him hold you and play with you.   That's one thing I love about Tim, we parent the same.  We agree on things when it comes to you.  Your wants will always come before our needs.


I see so many people every day who put themselves ahead of their children.  How can you call yourself a good parent when everything you want and desire comes before your child?  Some parents just don't understand that their actions affect their children.  Being a good parent isn't about taking your child to Chuck E Cheese and blowing a bunch of money on tokens, it's not about buying them everything they want, it's not about doing everything for them so they never learn for themselves.  It's not about what you can buy.  Some people just don't get it.  & It's a shame, because your child is the one who suffers.


Teach your child morals.  Teach them to be a good person.  Teach them to help others.  Teach them to love.





The best thing in the world.



My beautiful, growing family<3

3 comments: