Sunday, February 26, 2012


Taking care of two little babies can be so tiring.  Some days it's super fun, filled with playing, smiles, giggles, all the fun stuff.  Today started out nice.  Both the babies slept until about 10:30.  I'm a big sleeper too so I could have slept in longer, if they let me.  Ryan and I went downstairs to eat breakfast and watch Barney.  We came back upstairs to get Jake when I heard him making noises.  We played for a while.  I sat on the couch with my legs up and Jake laying on my legs.  I spent a good amount of time just looking at him and talking to him.  He was just staring at my face.  I was thinking how Ryan and I spent so many of our days like that.  But I don't get to do it as much with Jake because Ryan needs my attention too.

I laid Ryan down for a nap at about 2:15 because he woke up so late.  I wasn't too sure if he would sleep.  He didn't.  He played in his crib for an hour which gave me time to get things done around the house.

After Ryan's quiet time, I put Jake in the carrier and Ryan got into his cop car and we went on a long walk.  I was watching Ryan who was admiring the view.  The lovely dirt and weeds that Arizona has :) 

When we got back home it was already time to cook dinner.  I wanted to make enchiladas.  I should have decided to just pop something in the microwave instead.  Enchiladas has too many steps.  When I was putting the corn tortillas in the oil on the stove, Jake started crying.  I had to wash my hands and give him his pacifier, again and again and again.  Ryan decided to pull all of the stuff out of one of the cabinets.  He pulls out all the mixing bowls and baking stuff.  Which I don't mind, except he slipped and fell on the pie pans and started crying.  & Now Ryan's whining at me wanting to be held.  Okay- moms can totally cook dinner one handed.  Until it's time fill the tortillas with cheese and roll up my enchiladas.  Then cooking one handed is not so easy anymore.  Jake just let out a loud juicy fart- diaper change!  Back to my enchiladas, but Ryan's super whiney because he's hungry so I give in and give the kid some graham crackers.  Which leads to tiny little crumbs all over the floor and my baking stuff and mixing bowls are still all over my downstairs.

I am not good with messes.  Enchiladas are finally done cooking.  I make Ryan up a plate of enchiladas and give him a side of yogurt- gross, I know.  But now I can finally pick up all the bowls.  Picking up the bowls and I see Ryan smearing yogurt all over his tray.  Bowls are now on hold because I need to feed Ryan his yogurt before it's all over the place.  Before I can do that, I have to pick up Jake who had just started crying, and now I can feed Ryan his yogurt.  He eats it all up and I go to throw away the yogurt cup when I hear a loud noise.  Plate with enchiladas and fork is now upside down on the floor.

Dinner was not a success.   Today was one of those rare days when I'm happy it's finaaaally bedtime!  I sat down to write in my blog and Ryan starts screaming from his crib.  I went in there and he points to a toy on the floor. Really kid?  Okay so I pick up the toy and give it to him and now he's happily playing.  Came back to the computer- wrote a little more.  Jake starts screaming- so now I'm nursing him and typing this out.

Good thing mommas are great multi taskers!  So, while I do love being a mom more than anything in the world, not every day is easy.

Here are some pictures from last week.

Jake's first bottle! 2.20.12

2nd smile caught on camera :)

This WAS a successful dinner.  Applesauce that actually made it in his mouth without any help from momma, mac and cheese, and mixed veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment