Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Thanksgiving... A Few Weeks Late...

I'm going to try and keep this blog entry short.  I need to catch up.. It's now December & I still need to post Jake's 11 month update as well.
 
Thanksgiving was perfect.  I got 5 days off of work.  Vacation days are always very much appreciated.  & by the time we left for Yuma, we hadn't seen Ryan in over 48 hours!!  We wanted to drive as fast as we could to see our little man.  Of course, we didn't speed.  Somehow I lost at paper, rock, scissor and I ended up driving the 3+ hour drive to my parents house.  It wasn't that bad.  I hadn't actually driven there in years.. so I gave Tim a little break.
 
It was pretty weird driving with only one baby in the back seat.  It was weird pulling over to eat lunch too.  We stopped about halfway and got some Taco Bell & Tim looked at me and said "It's weird seeing you with only one baby."
 
We kept talking about Ryan and how much we missed him.  We were wondering what he would do when he saw us and thought he would be so excited.  When we got to my mom's house, we walked in and Ryan saw us and said "Hi Momma, Hi Dadda."  & That was it!  He kept on playing like he saw us just minutes ago.  We went over to him to get our hugs and kisses and he was in UNDERWEAR! 
 
My baby was wearing underwear!!  My mom had bought him some traning pants and was working on potty training. Well, good thing she bought 4 packs of 4 training pants each because the kid went through all of them and needed more.  Ha.  God Bless my mom.  She worked so hard trying to get Ryan to go potty on the toilet.. she didn't have much luck.  But she tried!  Ryan would tinkle in his underwear every few minutes.  The first day he would come tell us AFTER he peed and she would put him on the toilet.  By the second day he wasn't really telling us at all.  Every time we asked him if he had to go, he would say no.  Sooo.. potty training didn't go so great.  I haven't really tried too much since.  I've put him on the potty a few times here and there, but he just isn't interested & I don't want to force it.
 
I might just have a 3 year old in diapers....
 
Thanksgiving Day was pretty special.  My oldest brother, Mike, came in from California.  We hadn't seen him since last Thanksgiving and it was his first time meeting Jakey.  My Uncle Bill & Aunt Michelle & their two boys, Jacob & Nicholas were in town from West Virginia.  I haven't seen them since the summer of 2003, right before I moved to Tucson for college.  It was nice spending time with them.  Their boys loved Ryan & Jakey and spent so much time playing with them.  It always makes my heart smile seeing Ryan (& now Jake) play with other kids.
 
 Jakey got to wear the same thing Ryan did on his first Thanksgiving. A  perk of having teeny tiny babies, they get to wear clothes for much longer periods of time.
 
 
 
Auntie Bec, Uncle Steven, Aiden & Rian came over.  We love them <3
 
 
 
We spent a few hours out front, everyone just talking and trying out Mike's skateboard.  Mike took Ryan on the skateboard last year and he loved it.  He loved it this year too.  He had the sweetest little face just smiling the whole time.  I practiced a few times and actually was skating down the block! haha.  I was pretty proud.  Mom & Uncle Bill did too.  It was a sight to see.
 
 
Mom & I did some Black Friday shopping.  I was a little disappointed in the sales this year.  It seems to always be the same exact stuff.  I only picked up a few things this year.  I kinda sorta love going out at night to go shopping until the wee hours of the morning.
 
 
We got lots of family time in for Thanksgiving.  We stayed in Yuma for 4 days.  I love spending time with my family.  I love watching my children play & I love how everyone loves my baby.
 
This year I just felt so thankful.  Idon't have a lot of friends, but the ones I do have are pretty amazing, I have the best job, & I love my family.  What else could I ask for?
 
 
 
These 4 babies melt my heart.  I am so, so incredibly happy that my brother and my best friend got married and I can call my best friend's babies my niece and nephew.  We always use to talk about raising our babies together and we really get too.  I don't think anything can get sweeter than watching them together. 
<3

1 comment: