Friday, January 4, 2013

Ryan's New Room

We painted Ryan's nursery at our old house.  It was a tanish/brown color on two walls with a green stripe around the room.  We hung up monkey pictures and safari animals around his room.  When we moved into our new house, Ryan was already 2  years old.  Tim was the first to mention not hanging up the safari animals in Ryan's new room since he wasn't a baby anymore.  I had never even thought about it.
 
Ryan loves cars so I searched Pinterest for the perfect big boy room for Ryan.  I knew I wanted green & blue with a road in the middle.  Tim & I set out to Walmart for the perfect paint.  Well, Walmart only had one of the colors we wanted so we went to Lowes and got the rest.  4 cans of paint later, we were ready to paint his room!
 
I shouldn't say "we."  Momma spent her time playing with the kids and coming in quite frequently to check the progress.  Daddy did all the work.  I am so in love with how  it turned out!
 
We still have his baby furniture.  He will be getting big boy furniture for his 3rd birthday.  Papa is going to make him a twin bed & Grandma is making him a new quilt to go along with it (we already picked out the fabric but I have to wait another 6 months to see the end result.)
 
 
Here are some pictures of how everything turned out!
 
 
Auntie Jenn got him the car canvas above his dresser.  I love it.
 
 
Grandma R got him this little table for his 2nd birthday.  Auntie Loni got them the cute name puzzles!
 
 
Grandma H made him some new curtains!  His new quilt and pillow case will match the curtains.
 
 
 
 
Auntie Caitlyn made him this sign.
 
 
 
Some baby touches, I'll probably keep these in here :)  I like his baby pictures and his little piggy bank.
 
 
Grandma H found this little truck basket & got it for Ryan, new it would fit perfectly in his new room.
 
 
I still want to hang up a few things on the wall, but overall, I am so happy with how everything turned out & I'll post more pictures in June when Ryan has his new furniture and quilt.  Ryan loves it too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment