Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ryan's Trip to The Dentist- Take 2


It's hard to believe that it has already been 6 months since Ryan's first trip to the dentist... & now his second visit to the dentist has already come and gone.
 
I took him in on Monday morning (3/25.)  I was a little nervous because Tim was also at the dentist at the same time, meaning I had to take Jake with us.  Our trip to the dentist started out well when the assistant took us back to the exam room.  She wanted to know if Ryan would sit all by himself.  I told her I wasn't sure if he would, but that we could try.  She helped him sit up on the chair and lay down.  She asked him if he wanted to watch "Curious George."  Ryan is currently obsessed with monkey.  I was hoping that Curious George would help Ryan behave better.
 
We were only waiting for a few minutes when the dentist came in.  Last time, Ryan had to sit on my lap and she leaned him backwards to look at his teeth.  Except he wouldn't open up his mouth for her.  He kept his jaw clenched the entire time except for half a second when she was able to get one finger in his mouth before he closed it again.
 
This time, he opened his mouth slightly from the very beginning.  When I told him to open his mouth big and say "Ahhh" (we had been practicing all morning,) he actually did!  He opened as wide as his little mouth would let him as she looked at all of his teeth.
 
 
 
I'm not going to lie, I got a little teary eyed watching him lay down and listen to the dentist.  When did my baby get so big?  After his appointment, he got  a Piglet toothbrush and he picked out an Elmo sticker.  We went up to the recptionist and scheduled his next appointment for the first week of October.  I got a little sad thinking that at his next appointment he's going to be 3. =( 
 
The lady asked what color balloon he wanted, and he told her orange!  He got his orange balloon and he was so happy.  Speaking of colors, Ryan knows green, red, blue, orange, and yellow!  He also got a sticker for not having any cavaties and was happy all over again with his second sticker.  Then he got a certificate for not whining or fussing for the dentist!


 
I made a big deal of how well behaved he was for the dentist so Ryan was so excited.  He also got a little floss pick and let me floss his teeth!  He was pretty excited to show Daddy his certificate when Tim came home. 
 
 
Later on, we went for a walk around the neighborhood and Ryan insisted on pulling Jakey in the wagon.  Ryan wouldn't even let me help!


 
 
 
Ryan and I took a bunch of silly pictures when Jake was taking a nap.  Look at those big blue eyes.  My baby is getting so big!


No comments:

Post a Comment