Friday, February 28, 2014

2.19.14

Before I became a mom, one of my favorite things to do was sleep and take naps.  Okay- now that I am a mom it is still one of my favorite things to do.   Except my sleeping is much more limited than it used to be.  I can only take naps on Wednesdays (early out day) and on weekends.. And only when my house is already clean.  I have a little OCD about sleeping when my house is a mess, I'll do it sometimes but it's so much harder to get a good sleep.

Ryan was born 3 weeks after school ended.  And all three of those weeks before he came, I slept until at least 11:00am every day and sometimes (most times) even til noon.  Now I have two little monkies climbing into my bed every morning between 7-8am waking me up.  & Don't get me wrong, I love those little monkies that are climbing into my bed.

The day of February 19- I came home from work sleepy.  I laid on the couch and was being lazy.  When Jake woke up from his nap, he's a late napper- usually wakes up around 4ish, Tim started getting both of them dressed. Hmm.. Tim getting them dressed cute could only mean one thing, he had intentions of doing something.  He started packing up his camera bag, and for the first time  he didn't ask me to go with him to take pictures of the boys.  He told Ryan and Jake to give me a kiss and hop in the car, and they did.  I was a teeny tiny bit sad not to watch them get their pictures taken, Okay, not sad at all.  I was actually doing a little happy dance.  For the first time in a very long time, I could take a long late nap!  Just like old times.  Right when the left I crawled into my bed and slept for like 3 hours.

I woke up just in time for the kids to come home and make them something for dinner, give them baths and put them in bed.  That night Tim started working on their pictures and little by little he sends me them.

With my husband being as talented as he is and my kids being so darn cute- I couldn't believe how perfect their pictures came out!  Okay- they are always amazing.  He took them downtown for a couple of hours.  Sometimes we are in a rush and I only get a few pictures.

These pictures showcase their personalities perfectly.  Ryan is just the sweetest little guy, he is filled with smiles and giggles and he loves everyone.  Jake is a lot more reserved and only loves momma  and daddy (when momma isn't around!)  Jake is starting to warm up to more people.  He doesn't smile very often and definitely not on demand.  He is his own person and does his own thing.

My boys couldn't be any more different.  They are mine and they are perfect.




You are the love of my life
and you are the reason I'm alive
and baby baby baby
and when I think of how you saved me 
I go crazy





I've never known love like this
and it fills me with a new tenderness
and I know I know I know
You're in my heart, you're in my soul
You're all I can't resist





And I need to tell you
the first time I held you
I knew you are the love of my life





I seriously, can not get enough of these two.  Well, unless it's 8:00 at night ;)  Most nights I am so ready for bed time, some nights I need in a little extra cuddles.  I am so, so, so lucky.  





This is a total picture overload- But I don't really care.  My blog books are one of my most treasured possessions I have.  I can't wait to share them with my boys some day.  How awesome to have a sweet little book to document your entire life from the day your momma found out she was pregnant with you.  A couple of years ago, my mom emailed me this little little card where she kept track of how much I weighed and how tall I was at each of my doctor's appointments & how old I was when I said new words.  I love looking at it and comparing it with my kids.






Baby books only have slots to fill in certain information that  they ask you and usually only go up to a year or two.  So far I have over 2 years of Jake's life documented and a I started this when Ryan was 2.5 years old.  It can be a little creepy with internet lurkers.  But I don't go around promoting my blog when it comes to my kids.  I like to know who reads it, and thankfully, you can always tell who reads it.  Family and close friends, just the way I like it.




At Jake's two year well check the doctor asked me how much he weighed when he was born and I didn't know!  Eeek- bad momma.  Well, I pulled up this handy dandy little blog and found out.  7lbs2oz-- which I won't ever forget again!  Sorry Jakey!  I love you <3





Looking  at these pictures reminds me that I need to print some of them out.  I finally found a picture wall that I liked- Thanks Loni!- after searching for one for years.  So I am being a total copy cat and making mine look similar to hers.  I love big prints and canvases of my babies hanging up on my walls for everyone to see.  It's in our dining room and Jake faces the wall when he eats dinner.  He loves seeing himself and Ryan all over the wall.  He still points to his pictures, it never gets old.










I am done rambling about nothing- Love you Ryan & Jakey!!  & you too daddy- thanks for picture of my babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment