Friday, March 21, 2014

Mission Beach

I almost named this blog post "First Family Trip to the Beach," but then I remembered we went with Elyse in 2009!  But this is Ryan and Jake's first trip to the beach.


After a good night's sleep we woke up, ate breakfast, and got ready for the beach!


I was super excited to take the kids to the beach and see how they would like it for their first time.  When we got there, the water was a little cold!  Okay- a lot cold for someone like me and especially for Ryan and Jake.  I at least made them put their feet in the water.  They both weren't too impressed with the water.  They did like the sand.







They liked the sand  until Ryan had an itch on his eye... and rubbed it with his hand.  The hand that has sand all over it.  Then he got more sand in his eye and just kept rubbing it, yeah it soon became an awful mess.  He was getting pretty whiney about the sand in his eye and whatever I was doing didn't seem to be helping him.  I took him to the restroom to flush out his eyes... and when I walked out of the restroom everyone else was back off of the beach too.  So I guess that was the end of our beach trip.    Oh well.  I guess we can always try again next time.  & Next time I'll be sure to be more prepared with wipes and towels and sand toys!













But Hey- I did get a lot of cute picture of Ryan and Jake that I'll be able to share with them one day.


The boardwalk with all the carnival rides is right down the street so we decided to do that instead.  I got a bunch of tickets and Tim and I went on the roller coaster.  The same roller coaster that Elyse wanted to ride in June 2009 but was too short to ride!   We sat in the second seat and the guys in front of us were trying to take a selfie- so I gave them some bunny ears and smiled behind them.  My first photobomb.  I was pretty excited about that one! Haha.



They had this boat ride that I put the kids on.  For whatever reason, Ryan wasn't really feeling carnival rides.. so after one ride- he didn't want to go on it again.  But Jakey did!  He kept pulling the rope to the little bell on the boat and just keep ringing the bell.  He was so happy and completely in the zone.




Jakey & his papa!


Before we left, Tim & I went on the bumper cars where I kicked his butt!  Okay, probably not.  My mom took Ryan over to watch us in the bumper cars and Ryan had belly giggles the whole time.  

The whole gang!



We drove back to Yuma that night and got home in time for dinner and a little tv before bed.  Our trip was so much fun and exceeded my expectations for family fun.  Jake and all of his expressions were the best part.  I thought Ryan would love it the most, but this trip was all Jake!

The next afternoon after lunch at Chile Pepper with my momma, we drove home.  It was also St. Patrick's Day and I was bummed I didn't get a picture of the kids in their green shirts-- so I had to get them dressed just to take one picture.  


Happy St. Patrick's Day!














No comments:

Post a Comment