Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

As I am writing this post it is September 22, 2014.  I logged onto blogger today and realized that it's been over 5 months since I updated.  So, I need to make a better effort before I get so far behind!  This weekend, I finally uploaded all of my iPhone pictures to my iMac to make room since my phone is always full.  I transferred 2,863 photos.  I've had my phone since the end of February 2013.. so that's 19 months worth of  pictures and I'm trying to figure out how the heck I have so many pictures. & then I came here to uploaded pictures and I have a million pictures from just Easter.  I just take too many pictures, period.  At least I won't regret not having pictures of the babies.




Now my phone only has 4 pictures on there and I need to fill it with lots of pictures of Ryan and Jake.    Anyways...



Ever since Ryan's first Easter, I've taken them to an Easter egg hunt at a church close by our house.  They have egg hunts, cotton candy, popcorn, jumping castles and games.  Last year, it was Jake's first Easter egg hunt since he was only 4 months old his first Easter.  Well- after the Easter egg hunt, Tim had to leave because he was photographing a wedding that day.  He took my camera and let his assistant use my camera... and my memory card... which never got returned back to me... the memory card with pictures from Jake's first Easter egg hunt.

I get upset just thinking about that memory card.  I probably cried when it actually happened too.  I am pretty crazy when it comes to pictures of my kids.. Not only do I take too many, but I also have a hard time deleting them.  By hard time, I mean I don't delete them ever.  I still have memory cards with pictures of Ryan as a baby.  Tim thinks I'm crazy.  Phone, memory cards, photo bucket, blogger, Facebook, and printed out hard copies just aren't enough! haha.  




Deleting my pictures the other day off my phone was a pretty big step for me.  But at least now I have 9gb of space to take more pictures of these cute kids I have.   Okay, back to the purpose of my post.  I  am going to back date this to show up in April's posts.

This year I took the kids to the egg hunt again, I took lots of pictures and I didn't lose any of them.  :)




Jakey enjoyed the cotton candy the most.  He's too cute.  Momma makes them eat apples and grapes for snacks so cotton candy is super special!





We came home and got ready for some egg dying in the back yard.  Who doesn't watch 2 and 3 year old dye Easter eggs?  Jakey was grabbing them and dropping them while Ryan was a little more gentle with them.  Their big ol eyeballs were so fascinated watching the eggs.  We don't eat that many hard boiled eggs and I even threw some of these away eventually, but I wish I could just buy dozens to keep these little guys happy.  





Dying Easter eggs makes me miss their sister.  Easter is a holiday that we get to spend with Elyse in the odd years.  Wish she was here, but at least she will be next year.. even if she is super old by then!







After we colored eggs, Jakey took a nap.  Grandma called and wanted to know if the boys could come over for more Easter eggs.  I couldn't say no, I know she loves watching them do stuff as much as I do.  She bought a coloring kit where you actually paint the eggs.  Oh geez, it was such a mess!  I definitely don't recommend it.



When the kids went to sleep, the Easter bunny hopped over to our house.  He definitely knows what the boys love.  They got new trains, cars, and an easter egg with some candy.  Jakey got some body wash and Ryan got tooth paste ;)  Santa gives out tooth paste too.  At least I don't have to buy it.




Ryan and Jake were so excited to see their buckets filled!







My parents actually came into town that morning to trade cars with me.  My car doesn't have air conditioning so I drive my mom's car when it starts getting warm out.  They came to church with us.  After we went to church we went over to Tim's mom's house so the boys could do their Easter egg hunt.





Can I just say they are so stinkin' cute?!  Every holiday gets better and better with their cuteness and excitement.






After the egg hunt, we actually went back home so Jake could take a nap.  My parents had to go back to Yuma during Jake's nap time.  & then we went back to Tim's mom's for Easter dinner that night.  What a busy weekend.

'

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment